What would you say to this little guy working on early steps? Would you say?:
1. What makes you think you can do this?
2. Aren’t you worried that you’ll look stupid?
3. This looks hard. Going to be awhile before you’re good at it.
4. How long are you willing to need help? Isn’t it embarrassing?
5. What if you fall down? What if it hurts?
6. Walking isn’t all that important. Stick with crawling.
Nope. Don’t think you’d say any of this. Besides, given his smile, don’t think he’d listen. He’s having too much fun on this risky venture.
So, what are you saying to yourself about the wobbly new steps you need to take to move ahead?